CASE STUDY: MAC Study
Oncology Research Study
Digital Study Companion.
The study is designed to try and improve quality of life for patients experiencing hot flushes and/or night sweats after a cancer diagnosis and for whom HRT is not generally recommended.
The solution comprises of the myPatientSpace app for patients, and portal for research staff
- Patients receive education on menopause
- Links to key resources
- Techniques for managing symptoms
- Updates and videos calls from research staff.
- Record their hot flushes and other measures
- Complete quality of life measures (EORTC QLQ-C30)
- Reminders and dosage confirmations
- Request services (prescriptions, call from research team, submit a question)
- The study also uses sleepio and non-HRT medication
“When we were planning this research study we quickly realised we needed a digital platform. We thought we would need to get something built. But myPatientSpace had all the features we needed and the team were able to quickly configure and provide it for our study.
It is not only great for our research participants but also for us to manage the study and capture the evidence and results. This platform would be great for any research study”
Benefits & Results
- Research team use to manage the study
- Participants have been onboarded and submit their assessments
- The platform has kept participants engaged with reminders and auto updates.
- Research staff can reach out with participants in the app.
- Tasks enable triage of study participants.
- Research team see results immediately, auto scored and charted.